ORGANITZATION PLAN 2020-2021
This Center Organization Plan aims to lay the foundations so that the 2020-2021 academic year can be resumed with the maximum guarantees and the minimum risks that can be assumed, seeking the balance between health protection and quality education.
The coping of the pandemic by COVID-19 has involved in most countries the implementation of measures that have sought to contain the transmission of the virus through the reduction of social interactions, including the closure of schools.
This Center Organization Plan aims to establish the bases so that the 2020-2021 academic year can be resumed with the maximum guarantees and the minimum risks to be assumed, seeking the balance between protecting the health of people in schools, the right pandemic management and the right of all children and young people to a quality education.
Learning must be continued by applying health protection measures.
The Department of Education, in the Instructions published on June 30, 2020, states that:
• Despite the pandemic, all children and adolescents must have access to education on an equal footing.
• Learning in schools must be able to continue as normally as possible, following health instructions, and guaranteeing the social function of education.
• The school must be a safe environment, with minimal risk.
• Through the proposed measures, schools must be able to contribute to the control of the epidemic and the rapid identification of cases and contacts.
The health of students, teachers and other school workers is a priority for the Departments of Education and Health. All measures are aimed at reducing the transmission of the virus and improving the traceability of cases and contacts.
All the proposed measures will be in force throughout the school year and in coherence with the reality of our school and our environment. The proposed framework must be easily adaptable if the epidemiological context is changed. Any action proposed and approved in this Plan may be modified to comply with any higher-ranking instruction that may arise during the school year.
• Instructions for the 2020-2021 academic year for schools in Catalonia. Department of Education, June 30, 2020.
• Action plan for the 2020-2021 academic year for schools, in the framework of the Covid-19 pandemic. PROCICAT, July 3, 2020.
• Frequently asked questions and a guide for drawing up the School Organization Plan for the 2020-2021 academic year. Department of Education, July 9, 2020.
• Covid-19 case management in schools, August 13, 2020.